Call for Interest - Tutors
Published: Friday, Jul 12, 2013
St. Thomas University offers a dynamic and challenging work environment and invites applications for tutoring positions. This is a CALL FOR INTEREST; successful applicants will be placed in the Accessibility Services Tutor Pool at St. Thomas University with no guarantee of hours.
Tutors are matched with appropriate students based on their needs. The University does not guarantee all successful candidates will be assigned a student for tutoring. The hours of tutoring will be dependent on the students’ needs and can vary from week to week.
St. Thomas University is an undergraduate, liberal arts institution whose roots are in the faith and tradition of the Roman Catholic Church. With a full-time enrolment of 2,400, its students graduate with Bachelor of Arts, Applied Arts, Education, and Social Work degrees. The faculty members are distinguished teachers, researchers and scholars, and the university holds four Canada Research Chairs.
Reporting to the Student Accessibility Services Office, Accessibility Tutors will:
- Provide educational support as needed and identified by the Student Accessibility Services office.
- Assist students with time management strategies.
- Assist students in the development of writing skills, construction and editing of papers and research strategies.
- Assist students with retention of specific course knowledge using review and clarification techniques.
The knowledge, skills, and experience required for this position include:
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Sociology, Psychology, History, Criminology or Political Science.
- Excellent writing skills with proficiency in MLA and APA documentation style.
- Demonstrated tutor or mentoring experience.
Salary range: $25 hour
Hours: irregular based on students’ needs and availability
Job Location: Fredericton
The closing date for receipt of applications is July 30th, 2013. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their completed applications are received by this date. Please forward your cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to: Coordinator for Student Accessibility at email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.