St. Thomas University Bike Share Program
Published: Thursday, May 24, 2012
The Bike Share Program is ready to go for 2012. The program will begin, and the bikes will be available, on Thursday, May 24th.
The Wellness Committee in partnership with the Students’ Union has purchased five (5) bikes, helmets and locks for the Bike Share Program. The season will run from May 24, 2012 to the end of October 2012 (weather permitting).
The Bike Share Program is designed to serve St. Thomas University faculty, staff and students who would like to get out for a leisurely bike ride or to explore the city and surrounding areas. The Program is not intended to provide faculty, staff and students day-to-day transportation from his/her residence to the University, but rather a means of promoting outdoor physical activity and experiencing this beautiful city and community of ours.
The Bike Share Program will be managed through the J.B. O’Keefe Fitness Centre front desk staff:
1. To register for the Program please proceed to the Fitness Centre and the front desk staff will assist you. (The registration form attached can also be found on-line at: http://w3.stu.ca/stu/administrative/hr/wellness/default.aspx)
2. The process of signing-in and signing-out of bikes will be scheduled through the front desk staff at the Fitness Centre,
3. Bikes will be locked at the bike rack next to the Fitness Centre,
4. Bikes may be signed-out for a maximum of six (6) hours. However, due to the “closing” hours of the Fitness Centre, bikes signed-out after 5:00 PM may be kept overnight and MUST be returned by 10:30 AM the next morning,
5. You may sign-out a bike as many times as you’d like each season,
6. Individuals must pay an annual membership fee of $20.00 to participate in the Bike Share Program. (The membership fee entitles members access to sign-out a bike (upon availability) and includes the use of a bike, helmet and lock).
7. At the time of becoming a member and to participate in the Program, individuals must sign a waiver (attached) indicating full responsibility of the bike, helmet and lock during the time they have it signed-out. (This form can also be found on-line and is available from the front desk staff at the Fitness Centre.)
8. Upon registering for the Program, faculty, staff and students are required to
show their St. Thomas University ID. Your ID number will be recorded on the registration form.
9. There will be a $10.00/day late fee charged if bikes are not returned on time.
The Bike Share Program is available to St. Thomas University faculty, staff and students ONLY. The general public and UNB faculty, staff, and students are not eligible for the program.
Hours for: J.B. O’Keefe Fitness Centre
Monday – Thursday: 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Friday: 6:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday: 10:AM to 5:00 PM
All of this information, the Waiver and the Registration Form can also be found on the STU Wellness page at: http://w3.stu.ca/stu/administrative/hr/wellness/default.aspx
Other related information:
Bike Lane information: (Fredericton) - http://www.fredericton.ca/en/transportation/2008July10BikeLanesPage.asp
Secured Bike Parking Facility (Fredericton downtown) - http://www.fredericton.ca/en/recleisure/BikeParking2009.asp
Please feel free to contact one of the following people should you have any questions:
Tami Hill - ext. 211 or email@example.com
Leah Mabie – ext. 615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Marc Gionet – ext. 203 or email@example.com
Dave Dunbar – ext. 407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackie Cormier – ext. 602 or email@example.com
Jean-Philippe Ranger – ext. 344 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jocelyne LeGresley – ext. 642 or email@example.com
Eric Moffatt – ext. 414 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your cycling this summer and ride safe!
Best regards from the Wellness Committee