CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Exploring the Narrative Landscape:
Issues, Investigations, and Interventions
Fifth Biennial Interdisciplinary Conference on Narrative Research, Perspectives, and Approaches Across the Humanities and Social Sciences
In recent years, the influence of the narrative turn has been felt in diverse
fields. In literature, psychology, education, journalism, health care,
history, social work, theology, the arts, and many other areas, scholars
and practitioners have been actively exploring the storied complexity of
human experience. This conference considers the question of where the
narrative turn has taken us, and where it is leading us from here: what
challenges and possibilities can narrativists anticipate in their various
disciplines, and what directions are their inquiries and activities taking?
We welcome proposals for individual papers (20 minutes plus ten
minutes for questions and answer), panels (90 minutes), and posters.
Please submit the following (as an email attachment in Microsoft Word)
to email@example.com by November 2, 2009:
- the title of your paper and a 200-word abstract
- your name(s) and institutional affiliation(s), including department(s)
- a brief biographical statement for each participant (100 words)
- the format of your presentation (paper, panel, or poster)
- your equipment needs
- your contact information: mailing address, email address, phone and fax numbers.