Atlantic Human Rights Centre
Since 1988, the Atlantic Human Rights Centre has dedicated its resources to research, education, and stimulating informed thinking on citizenship and human rights. It has undertaken the following annual activities:
- Dr. Bernie Vigod Memorial Lecture Series in Human Rights - Dr. Vigod was an outstanding professor of History and Associate Dean of Graduate Studies at the University of New Brunswick. This lecture series features distinguished orators on a wide range of human rights issues
- Dr. Abdul Q. Lodhi Memorial Lecture Series - Dr. Lodhi was an extraordinary teacher, scholar and mentor at St. Thomas University as well as co-founder and rst director of the Atlantic Human Rights Centre. This lecture series educates participants about racial tolerance and understanding.
- Summer Institute Human Rights for Teachers - This course is designed to educate teaching professionals about the various rights, instruments and issues pertinent to human rights from international, regional and domestic perspectives.
- Conferences and Workshops - The Atlantic Human Rights Centre hosts conferences and workshops as academics and activists gather to exchange ideas and programmes for action.
- Doctoral Fellowship in Human Rights - A Doctoral Fellowship in Human Rights is available at the Atlantic Human Rights Centre.